LUOS’s successful ‘can do’ and ‘by the community – for the community’ approach has secured funding and commissions to deliver a wide range of innovative community empowerment projects and services – responding to key community needs and aspirations.
In our projects we purposefully recruit, train and support unemployed or underemployed local residents who are paid above the London Living Wage. We also create pathways to employment by training and supporting volunteers. Past project and activities have included Well Park Lane, Home from Hospital, Neighbourhood Connect, Collective Switching, Personal Travel Planning and Blooming Beds and Bees. See our Past Projects page for more information. Projects and free activities this year at our LUOS Community Hub included:
Current activities and events
People Need Parks Project
People Need Parks Project sees us running activities at our Community Hub every Wednesday until 1st September 2021:
– FREE Arts & Crafts for kids between 3 -11 yr (4pm – 6pm)
– FREE Multi-Sport for kids between 5 -12 yr (4pm-7.30pm)
– FREE Gardening for Women/Girls Only 16 yrs and above, but families are welcome (5-7pm)
LUOS Summer Holiday Activities
We are very busy this summer delivering a range of projects and activities for families. Please have a look at our time table below for more info.
Places MUST be booked in advance as spaces are limited. Please use the following link to book your places:
For further information, please contact Comms@livingunderonesun.co.uk
Other projects at Living Under One Sun
We’re not running classes at the moment, but if interested please email us and we will contact you when we restart the classes.
For more info please email email@example.com
Suggest a project to us
We’re always interested in hearing your suggestions!
Ideally you would have thought about:
- What skills will you offer?
- Do you know people already who would join this activity and how many should join?
- Will you require funding or not?
- Where will you advertise it (we will help by posting it on our website and social media)?
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org